Friday, May 8, 2009

My Bucket List


What I want most to do before I die is visit all 50 states and all seven continents.  So far I have visited 6 continents and 39 states, so I have a good shot at getting to them all.  The states I haven't been to are Oregon, Utah, Minnesota, North Dakota,  South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Delaware.  One summer I tried to interest my husband in a trip to Mount Rushmore followed by a drive to a resort on Lake Itasca, which would have taken in 3 states if we took an indirect route through  Bismarck, ND on our way to Minnesota.  Hubby talked me into a trip to Hungary instead.  I am easily seduced by thoughts of being serenaded by gypsies in a wine bar on the Street of Beautiful Women, and I don't think they have any of that in Minnesota.

 I'd like to visit the site of the Mountain Meadow Massacre in Utah, having already visited Berryville, Arkansas from whence the Fancher-Baker party set out.  I'd love to attend the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska.  New England of course would be perfect to visit in the fall, when the leaves change.  I'm just having a hard time with Delaware.  What exactly does one do in Delaware?  Or Wisconsin?

Oh, the continent I haven't visited yet?  It's Australia.  Maybe the world's geographers will wind up doing to Australia what astronomers did to Pluto and demote it to dwarf continent.  Then I could stay home and say I'd been to all 6 continents.

No comments:

Post a Comment