Sunday, June 17, 2012

Prometheus


John wanted to see Prometheus for Father’s Day, and even though it’s not my type of movie, it’s his day, so we went. Here’s my summary:

Scary alien life forms! Mysterious cave paintings! Expensive special effects! Almost lifelike robot! Occasional near-naked ladies! Space-ships designed the way they are for no apparent reason! Bad science! Theological reflections! Heart-stopping surprises! Big philosophical questions about the meaning of life!

I mean, I could go into details, but for me that pretty much sums it up.

2 comments:

  1. The summary of my reaction: That was a cool movie. (Read thing on the Internet explaining a bunch of the symbolism) Wow, it was a lot deeper than I thought. (Read different thing on the Internet pointing out its numerous character and plot holes) Hm, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing about finding out that the original Alien imagery was supposed to scare heterosexual guys by using homoerotic imagery. Did a quick straw poll of about 10 guys I know (9 heterosexual, 1 homosexual) - not one picked that up, they all thought the imagery referred back to pregnancy. *snerk* At least two of them refused to believe me until I sent them the link to the original article, heh.

    ReplyDelete