Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Conversation


Half of a conversation, anyway. As I was leaving the courthouse yesterday to head home after my shortest term of jury duty ever, I heard a man on a cellphone, apparently an attorney, having this conversation:

Attorney: I was told they had obtained a search warrant last week, but that it was never executed.

(Pause)

Attorney: Well then how did they get in your house?

(Pause)

Attorney: Did she sign a Consent to Search?

(Pause. Short sigh.)

Attorney: Well, that explains it then.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm brand new to this blog, but I just wanted to say, this completely made my day. I love listening to conversations for those rare tidbits of awesome, and this definitely qualifies as a rare tidbit of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl atheist, welcome to my blog. I'm glad you liked this post.

    ReplyDelete