Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving, 2012


A few of the many things to be thankful for, this year:

Neither of my cats has wandered off and got lost, like last year.

My family up north survived Super-storm Sandy, although my sister’s in-laws’ house was destroyed and they are still living with her.

My husband lucked into a part time job that he hadn’t even applied for (a former co-worker recommended him) and is saving up for new cars for us.

That a new job for him means saving up for new cars rather than finally being able to afford groceries.

My son should be home in a month for Christmas.

My mangy Christmas cactus is still hanging in (although the poinsettia that looked so promising last spring died of thirst while we were on vacation).

Although Hurricane Isaac ruined my plans to attend a friend’s wedding in Denver, I have friends scattered around the country who really did want to see me and were sorry when they didn't.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

1 comment: